With the backward messenger of Future's mystery, we grow the purple of our time. Swimming green, i sit.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Yelling at Strangers' Children

Everyone needs a pastime. My current favorite is verbally assaulting children. Not all children, just those unlucky enough to cross paths with me in the streets or in retail venues or just about anywhere public. Oh, and they have to be strangers. Making children you know cry has its own rewards, but they pale in gasp-factor comparison to attacking perceived "innocents."

This weekend saw two such incidents. Both in a single day, no less. And both - not coincidentally - were prompted by head-in-plane-exhaust-cloud parents who thought their resource consuming offspring should be allowed to roam freely. And by freely, I mean without a kid leash or a parent screaming step by step directives so the little beasts know where to go and where not to. Contrary to what appears to be popular belief, consideration of others is not overrated. Maybe Parenting Monthly should explore that fucking topic from time to time instead of wasting precious editorial space on tips for baby-proofing your home and nightmare articles titled "Kids Say the Cutest Things." Cute, shmute. These little monsters are nothing but earth-is-the-center-of-the-universe theories in human form. And to that, I say take your hypothetical and empirically defunct ideas elsewhere. Preferably to an abortion clinic. You might think it's too late, given that you've already done the whole vaginal canal passage thing, but you'll be surprised by what an extra twenty will get you. Slip the doc a fifty and he'll not only give you the best postpartum abortion of your life, but he'll he even send the subsequent mess to your mother as reminder that breeding is selfish and inconsiderate.

So this weekend, walking with art supplies loaded arms down an ice mountain sidewalk, a little child gets in my way and blocks any possibility of passage. The mother is distracted by ineptness. This leaves me no choice but to give a harsh "Ummmm? Excuse me!" The child responds with a scared yelp while the mother apologizes profusely. Incident A. Incident B involved me walking down a sidewalk later that evening, en route to see a new film by fabulous director Pedro Almodovar. In typical fashion, I was running a tad late and multi-tasking all the way there. And looking remarkably adorable whilst rocking the early '90s Brooklyn look. So hot. Anyway, as I'm walking and multi-tasking (i.e. telecommunicating and iPodding), a little loose child dares get in my way. After responding with a loud and shrill "Excuse me, child," I proceed to the theatre and walk in precisely as the screen fades from black . Perfect timing, no thanks to a libido-fueled bad decision.

2 Comments:

Blogger sean said...

One winter morning a few years ago I was driving through Deering Oaks park on the way to work. I was late and had just finished digging my car out of 4 feet of heavy snow and ice. I was doing the insane 10mph speed limit, maybe even slower, but the roads were coated in thick ice and I was sliding a bit. I saw a woman and her little puke-ass boy ahead playing near the side of the road. Actually, I guess the boy was playing while the inept mother (she was probably drunk) stood there staring into space. As the little shit ran his most-likely-retarded circles on the ice and fell repeatedly, the mother smoked a cigarette and scratched her most-likely-impregnated stomach.
Just as I approached, the little bastard ran directly in front of my car. I shouted some garbled expletives, spun the wheel, jammed on the brakes, and skidded sideways 10 feet, barely missing the worthless pile of pantshitter.
I was fuming, but what really set me off was that the mother calmly walked over and took the child by his hand and walked him back to the side of the road. This prompted me to open my drivers side door, stand up and shout over the car, across the road. It was possibly the longest string of expletives and dirty words I have ever directed at one person at any given time. I distinctly remember the words whore, fuck, shit, and the C word (which I really don't like using) making repeat appearances.
She ignored me for the most part.
I should have doubled back and tried to hit them both, but instead I drove off, trying to illustrate my anger with a peelout but only spinning in place a little.
I'm a heterosexual, but I still hate breeders.

3:44 PM, February 16, 2005

 
Blogger kafkas.undies said...

Not only was she drunk and pregnant, chances are she also had scratch-off tickets in a back pocket of her Jordache acid washed jeans. Chances are all the tickets were of the losing variety. And along with her pregnancy, drunkenness, and crippling gambling habit, chances are she also carried a venereal disease.

11:30 PM, February 16, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home