With the backward messenger of Future's mystery, we grow the purple of our time. Swimming green, i sit.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Yes, Please Send Grant Money


Finger
Originally uploaded by kafkas_undies.
I’ve got a piece in a show, art something or other, and I went to the opening reception the other night. I learned a couple things that evening. First and foremost, I learned that new-agey curator types make pretty bad keynote speakers. Really. I mean, chimes and gongs – no matter how small or how symbolic – should play no part in one’s opening address. Even if you’re going postmodern.

I also learned that to get the most out of these types of events – “to get the most bang for your buck” as the Americans like to say – you should get stoned and then go to the exhibition. Apparently, I missed that memo, but a solid 33% of attendees didn’t.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home