With the backward messenger of Future's mystery, we grow the purple of our time. Swimming green, i sit.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Lynching It


Glowstick War on I-295
Originally uploaded by kafkas_undies.
My feet are stuck in cement and my body is sinking as we speak. I am terrified and alive and enthused the way only a crazy person can be. Crazy feet in crazy glue, moving but only when no one is looking. It's stealth executed before the governor's call. Pardon me sir, but do you have any grey matter?

I don't know. I just want to walk but instead I'm stuck in this wheelchair looking uphill. The left wheel is a master key to sidewalk padlocks and my upper body strength is ready for change. Or maybe it is the change. Maybe this predicament is really a sheep that's costume partying as panache.

I have no answers. Neither do you. But that shouldn't stop momentum unidentified - the genderless, primal infant. Look at a church or the Encyclopedia Britannica or your dead grandmother. Or mine. Look and you'll see green lights galore. You'll see delusion laughing at the surrounding straightjacket nightmare and you may start laughing too until you realize the joke's on you. Footing the bill suddenly won't seem so funny.

I'm just an anachronism. Forgotten punctuation marks and umlauts, the sugar in my coffee. And the coffee? Piping hot, dark. Strong like manure but not nearly as delicious. Let's take a sip, together. Only don't look at me. Eye contact doesn't go well with breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home